“High-tech is the most modern technology at the highest innovation level, measured according to the current assessment criteria at the time that this technique is developed and implemented” (from: Technischwerken.nl)
Within Limburg we have many (start-up) companies and researchers who are involved in the most advanced technological developments in various industries and products. We have several HighTech campuses in Limburg, which means that a large number of companies have established themselves here that are ahead in their research and products in terms of technology.
In Limburg you will find the following knowledge institutes that are linked with High Tech:
- Corda Campus, is the international leading Campus which offers knowledge in the areas of Technology, ICT, High Tech and Media
- Drone port (opening 2019) is the European knowledge and expertise center in drone technology
- Flanders Make is the strategic research center for the manufacturing industry. They contribute to new products and production processes to realize the vehicles, machines and factories of the future.
- MIA-H is a FashionTech campus where technology and creativity in the fashion field meet
- Flanders Bike Valley is an open innovation center for the bicycle industry
- IMO is the Institute for Materials Research (IMO) research center or Hasselt University with a fixed knowledge in the field of materials science. It is the largest research institute of the university with a staff of more than 100 people. IMO has an integrated and intensive collaboration with IMOMEC (Institute for Materials Research in MicroElectronics), the department of IMEC (Interuniversity Micro Electronics Center, Louvain) at the university campus in Diepenbeek.